I’m a very lucky girl. A few months into this whole blogging thing, and I’ve already received nominations from two wonderful women: Deepika and Brooke! Thank you so much again, girls. It warms my heart knowing that my blog readership has increased from one to ten! Hahaha I’m just kidding. But really, I’m just so thankful that people stop by to read about my adventures.
I started this blog in August 2011 with every intention to just write anything outside of work. I never planned for it to take up so much of my time, but it did, and in a good way!
It’s been very exciting getting to write about books I’ve read, food I’ve tasted, nail polishes I’ve tried, movies I’ve seen, etcetera. And it’s equally thrilling to have been given the opportunity to meet people from all over the world (albeit through this err, online interface). BUT the bestest part’s gotta be that my blog posts are read by you!
So thanks Deepika and Brooke for being among those who drop by my blog, and for giving me these recognitions: The Kreative Blogger and The Versatile Blogger (received twice)!
According to the rules, I will have to share a few things about myself. Here goes.
- I work at a bank. But please don’t expect me to write anything about my work because this blog acts as some sort of escape from my life at the office.
- I enjoy going to concerts. Something about the “live” experience that kicks that crap out of listening to music from my iPod. My favorite so far would have to be the Death Cab for Cutie concert last March 5. Read about it here. I made a pre-concert playlist here.
- I put stickers on my stuff — my sanitizer bottles, my glasses’ case, my planner, my calendar, my computer at work, etcetera. It’s like marking my territory.
- I cannot sing or draw to save my life. But I sing and draw anyway. (Add me on Draw Something: sandeyyy or firstname.lastname@example.org HAHA shameless plug!)
- One of the highlights of my time in college was handling Beyond Loyola, the current events section of The GUIDON, our school newspaper. Some of my former staffers maintain blogs, too! Check out Gianna’s blog here and Mikee’s blog here.
- I took up Spanish from grade 1 to 4th year high school, but I remember practically nothing. Me llamo Sandie? El arbol! La biblioteca. Looooool.
Next, I will have to nominate blogs. Below are my choices because they’re amazing at what they do:
- (Photography) Klara’s Street - http://klarayoon.wordpress.com/
- (Books and Nail Polish) Chew Your Lipstick - http://chewyourlipstick.wordpress.com/
- (Personal) Into Mind by Anuschka Rees - http://into-mind.com/
- (Personal) Jumbled Minds - http://jumbledminds.wordpress.com/ (Hi, Jing!!:D)
- (Personal) Everyday Isa - http://everyday-isa.com/ (Fantastic blog, I promise!)
Spread the love! :)
PS. I intentionally delayed my thank you’s for these awards because I wanted to wait ’til my 100th post. The milestone calls for a celebration!
Blog award icons were grabbed from the Internet.